View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #28689
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My review of Our Oriental Heritage (3/5):-

Spoiler:
I read this incredibly glued together account of history. It was a privilege to read a history book from the eyes of a deceased scholar. I mean, when discussing India, Will Durant mentions Gandhi and includes him in his book when the latter is still alive!

This was a fascinating read. It was my longest slog. I began reading in early 2019 and finished it after what seemed a long time of shifting from civilization to civilisation.

I have never read a book like this. Nor will anyone. This tome lies alone as a work of science rendered into everyday language. I am giving it only 3 stars for petulant and childish reasons. My impatience with some repetitions have something to do with it. It doesn't matter. I loved reading about the lost and earliest civilisations with awe. What a show this was.

Last edited by Luffy; 01-20-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote