View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 06:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Not sure if this should be here, but I have a Kindle Paperwhite 3 (newest version) with the 5.12.2 update

Don't know what happened, but between plugins it stopped being read by Calibre

calibre, version 4.6.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wbN') or filename: u'E:\\metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kindle\driver.py", line 407, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 304, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 457, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 454, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\startup.py", line 169, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wbN') or filename: u'E:\\metadata.calibre'

Any suggestions? I tried to configure the device, checked for problems on the memory, but Calibre reads the books to about 60% then I get the error.

UPDATE: I needed to update the device
That file IS on the device. (it is the previous found book list that also speeds up the later connect scan)
That, coupled with 'reads a book 60%' makes me think the filesystem or storage ON THE DEVICE, is damaged or failing.
Standard Q: Have you cold booted (used the restart item on the settings menu) the Kindle
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote