View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaddicted2u View Post
Thanks, did that after it first happened. They offered a small discount on a replacement at the time. It still connected and downloaded at the time. So didn't take them up on it.
It downloads 5.6.1.1 over WiFi and reboots every time it sleeps to try to install the update, it does this over and over. I've tried to download the update and install via USB as well, makes no difference.
Now though, it won't connect. I think it's because it's stuck on 5.4.4.2.
I was hoping someone might know a trick to force the update to install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Have you tried leaving it on a wall charger for 48 hours, then let it try to update while still on the wall charger?

Maybe the battery is giving out while it tries to update.
That might help, if not, then freeze it before putting on the wall charger.

Literally, freeze it.
Put a soft cloth around it before freezing, so it does not gather moisture (humidity) when you later take it out of the freezer.
Put in freezer for at least over night, better if for 24 hours.
Remove from freezer (keep soft cloth on it), hook to wall charger, hold power button long enough for it to reboot (even if you see nothing on the screen).
Ignore the light if it is on, you can't trust it until the device is running normally again.
Leave on wall charger at least two days (as mentioned above), or longer would be even better, it can take a long time to reboot (days) in some cases.
Note, you may have to repeat the whole routine above two or three times.

Known to work on all devices from K5 (KT) to KT3 and PW4.
I.E: All series 5.x firmware devices.
And sometimes, the K3 keyboard.

Last edited by knc1; 12-19-2019 at 10:00 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote