View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #65
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
thanks. great info. I thought it was something you enabled and couldn't disable easily. that is the best method for me then. enable when I need it and then disable.
That's what I do. I leave the Screenshot=... line permanently in the .conf file and just switch it between true/false as necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
my books are in the root directory. is that where they're supposed to be? (on a kindle it's the documents folder.) do they have to be there? can I make a folder and keep them in that folder? it is very cluttered the way it is.
They can be wherever you like. It used to be anywhere as long as its not in a directory beginning with a dot, but something changed recently about dot sub-dirs.

I store mine in a /Books subdir - so no marks for originality for me.

If you do this, don't forget to reconfigure your calibre driver to tell it the directory name you've chosen. it's at the bottom of the File formats tab labelled Save template. e.g. my Save template is set to:
Code:
Books/{author_sort} - {title}
I'm not sure whether you'd need to re-send all your books, rather than just drag-dropping them to the new location on the Kobo. The Kobo database will have stored all the old book and cover locations. I don't know how good a job it does at re-finding the books/covers/annotations and updating the database accordingly.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote