View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 11:34 PM   #67
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you no longer read poorly converted PDF (most PDF converted is very poor), then turn on hyphenation. It really does help with the gaps. Personally, I do not like gaps.

I can see where you're coming from on ePub vs. KePub. But go for ePub is you are reading regular fiction or books without footnotes or crappy graphics.
Yes, I should turn hyphenation back on, I know. I don't like gaps either. But my brain still does a stutter-step when I see a hyphen that splits a word. If I continue reading, instead of paying attention to the text, I start wondering, "Is that hyphen in the text?" and the next thing I know, I stop reading to double-check if it's a soft or hard hyphen. One day I will get over it. Just...not quite yet, lol.

Last edited by icallaci; 12-12-2019 at 11:39 PM.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote