View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Thanks, I've tried both ePubs and kePubs, and I prefer kePub. I read a lot of nonfiction with footnotes and endnotes, and I much prefer popups rather than being redirected to a different page. Also, KePubs allow me to double-tap images so that they expand to full size for better viewing (why why WHY do publishers insist on resizing images to miniscule proportions?). The improved typesetting in ePubs isn't enough to counter these two benefits. Also, I have hyphenation turned off completely because in the early days of scanned PDFs converted to ePub, I encountered a lot of random hard-coded hyphens left over from the OCR process, so I turned off hyphenation to make it easier to catch these. But thanks for the suggestions.
if you no longer read poorly converted PDF (most PDF converted is very poor), then turn on hyphenation. It really does help with the gaps. Personally, I do not like gaps.

I can see where you're coming from on ePub vs. KePub. But go for ePub is you are reading regular fiction or books without footnotes or crappy graphics.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote