View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #50
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Sure, PM'ed.
I took a look at the book in question. Luckily it is one that I already had purchased so I could examine the actual book rather than the free sample. Unfortunately, it seems to be working as Amazon intends.

The book uses the default of widows and orphans set to 2. The author tends to write fairly short paragraphs that result in many paragraphs occupying three lines at a font size of 7. That is a worst case scenario since if the first two lines of a paragraph fall at the end of a screen they will both be moved to the next screen to prevent a widow or orphan.

The effect is that the number of lines per screen changes with every page turn, being either full, one less, or two less.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote