View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxygrrl View Post
• Remove the "Reserved for your next great read" tile
This tile should always show the book currently being read. I think the only time I ever saw it like what you are seeing is when I was setting up a new device. I don't remember there was a way to get rid of this tile. If opening a book and doesn't change the tile to that book, then I'd go with @John F's suggestion that the date and time is wrong.
Quote:
• Remove 'Sync' tile
There should be a function in my Kobo Utilities plugin to hide some of the tiles, including the sync. It has been a long time since I used it, but, I haven't removed the function so it should still work for older firmware.
Quote:
• Hide book title on the header while reading a book

My old version would put the book full screen with page number on the bottom but title would only show up if I tapped the book in the middle. A second tap would show the date/time and a third tap would go back to full screen. I miss these options! How do I get them back???
That at least partly sounds like one of the differences between epub and kepub. Epub didn't show the title, but, it did when the menu bars were displayed. Kepub always showed the title. You could use the hidden option to enable full screen reading, but, then both the header and footer were hidden.

And I don't ever remember tapping working like that. The time would display when the menubars were first displayed and a few seconds later it would change to the percent read. There was something where tapping the clock icon would show the time for a while. Is that what you are thinking of?

It has been to long since I have touched any of these firmware versions, so, I'm working on memory. There were some patches back then, but, I don't remember what. Maybe the title gone from the header all the time was one.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote