View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 04:37 AM   #116
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
A major update to Freda is on the way, adding:
  • A new more sophisticated EPUB/HTML/CSS parser, which renders page layouts (including tables) more faithfully, and uses the font sizes and faces (including embedded fonts) as specified by the EPUB file.
    • Because it's experimental at this stage, this needs to be switched on in the settings screen ('use advanced rendering'='yes')
    • You can also choose whether Freda does or does not follow the EPUB/CSS fonts, margins and colours.
  • (For the Windows version) Keyboard controls and shortcuts (which can be customised), which allow keyboard-only operation of the app. I'm hoping this will improve the app's accessibility. In that vein, I also added a setting that can make Freda automatically read aloud the selected text, whenever the selection is changed.
  • Many small fixes, including an update to the 'dictionary lookup' feature, because of the discontinuation of the on-line dictionary service that I had been using.
Because this is a rather major update, I would like to beta-test it if possible. And I was hoping I might find some volunteers to help out here. If you would like to help beta-test these changes, please contact me (email to jim@turnipsoft.co.uk would be best, but replies to this post, or PMs in-forum will also work). For Windows beta-testers, I would need you to tell me the email address that you used for your Windows sign-up; for Android users, I will probably just email out an APK file, unless that turns out to be a really unpopular option.
Thanks all!
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote