Thread: New IOS Design
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
jim.g
jim.g began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I don't really care what the interface looks like; I want it to function. At least to the point I can access my books without having to delete and reinstall the app daily. Fix the groups and author search. Worry about making it prettier (in you opinion anyway) after you fix what you broke.
I couldn't agree with Gecko more. You strike me as a person almost exclusively focused on sales/marketing and capitalism. You've done a horrible thing here by how you rolled out an update that was a total disaster. Your overriding priority should be to rectify that first and then focus on your capitalistic objectives. As I've seen others suggest in the long bitch and moan thread, you should figure out how to put the old version that was fine for almost all users back into the app store as a legacy version, and then introduce a new, updated version with all the design and pricing model changes that you want to implement. Many other apps have done this, so there is no question that it is possible. That is not debatable. Attempting anything else only shows what your true attitude and motivations are, which is that you don't really give a shit about the impact of your horrendous update rollout on existing longterm users of what was once a great app, and are purely interested in focusing on your capitalistic objectives.
jim.g is offline   Reply With Quote