View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 01:31 PM   #42
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Thank you for that! I'll check out the Goodreads group; I didn't know about it. But as you say, while any ratings can help give someone a general impression, here we have a sense of the members. The ratings might be fewer but can carry more weight.
As one of the moderators of that Goodreads group - welcome!

My experience with the narrators listed gives a 4 to Frederick Davidson, as he kept working after his voice declined near the end. These folks all get 5's: William Dufris, Grover Gardner, Lisette Lecat, John Lee, Nadia May, Barbara Rosenblatt, Simon Vance and Timothy West.

Not on list

Emily Woo Zeller gets a 1 - I recall listening to her read a book because she does Chinese pronunciation well, but otherwise I came away with a strong impression that I never wanted to hear her read anything else again.

The following are 5's: George Guidall, Kirby Heyborne, Jefferson Mays, Michael Page, Davina Porter, Ray Porter, Kate Reading and Jeff Woodman.

Finally ... we need to talk about Flo Gibson. I give her a 4, but she's definitely an "acquired taste"!

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 11-02-2019 at 03:53 PM.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote