View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #23
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
My Voyage has a gradient as well, but it's in the upper left corner (it's slightly yellow). But I do have to say that when I was only reading on my Voyage, I got used to it. So much so that when I tried to see the gradient by really looking for it, I couldn't even discover it.
Now that I'm reading on my Oasis, the gradient on my Voyage is very clear to me again. Weird how that works doesn't it.
Indeed; from what I gather the Voyage is lit from the top though (or is it the bottom), so the gradient is mostly top-down? If that's the case, I suppose it's less distracting than having a drop in brightness at every line read?

Quote:
So I think that after I've compared the second Oasis device to see if it's better I can put it to rest and eventually won't notice it anymore.
I do hope that it doesn't send you into a week of spiraling indecision like it did for me!

Quote:
I did own an Oasis 2 for a while, and when I look back at pictures, there is no gradient. So I kind of feel that it is possible to get an even lighted Oasis....

Edit: I've added a pic of the Oasis 2 I once had. Can you see a gradient? I don't see it. It looks pretty even to me.
It does indeed; I also played a bit with your picture by applying the "flipped bottom" method as I did on mine, and there's no gradient at all. Seems like there's hope!

Last edited by BionicGecko; 10-14-2019 at 06:19 AM.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote