View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 04:50 AM   #22
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
Thank you; I'm not sure I'd be able to hold onto all three devices and choose the best, as I have to send the ones I have soon. It's worth a shot though, I'll call Amazon today and see.

To be honest though I'm starting to think that they might all have this defect; maybe some people are more sensitive to it than others. I see the gradient on two devices, you see it as well on yours, and it's also visible on Sirtel's pictures; it looks better on his pictures than on mine, but my camera is not great and it might just be the reason.

If it was a cheaper device I wouldn't care that much I suppose, but every evening as I see the brightness fade off on every line I read I do get a mild case of buyer's remorse. Someone is selling a Voyage for a decent price in my area, I might just get that and call it a day.

Good luck with your second device, I do hope this one makes you happy!
My Voyage has a gradient as well, but it's in the upper left corner (it's slightly yellow). But I do have to say that when I was only reading on my Voyage, I got used to it. So much so that when I tried to see the gradient by really looking for it, I couldn't even discover it.
Now that I'm reading on my Oasis, the gradient on my Voyage is very clear to me again. Weird how that works doesn't it.

So I think that after I've compared the second Oasis device to see if it's better I can put it to rest and eventually won't notice it anymore.

The gradient on the Kobo Libra was way worse by the way, so the Oasis feels like it doesn't have much light gradient to speak of. And I've noticed that when I turn the light up one bit from what I normally have it's less noticeable.

That being said, I did own an Oasis 2 for a while, and when I look back at pictures, there is no gradient. So I kind of feel that it is possible to get an even lighted Oasis....

Edit: I've added a pic of the Oasis 2 I once had. Can you see a gradient? I don't see it. It looks pretty even to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-05 16.54.31.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	675.9 KB
ID:	174231  

Last edited by SusanReads; 10-14-2019 at 04:56 AM.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote