View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 AM  
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Viewer 4.20

With the viewer changed to version 4+ my css for the viewer and the background changed. I now use the below CSS and the attached background (also attached final result). In landscape mode, 2 pages per screen for reading on my computer.

I use the sections in the viewer preferences to set margins, colors, fonts etc. Since I do set a margin in preferences, I set my color scheme to #dbcba7 and set my background image fade to about 10-30%.

Code:
P {
margin-left: 1.25em !important;
margin-right: 1.15em !important;
}
body {
margin-top: 0.15em !important;
}
If the book I pull up to read has all the paragraphs spaced using div tags vice p tags then I would simply change the code to

Code:
div {
margin-left: 1.25em !important;
margin-right: 1.15em !important;
}
body {
margin-top: 0.15em !important;
}
Per request I included images of the following viewer preference screens to clarify what I did:

Page Layout
Colors
Styles
Headers and Footers
Scrolling Behavior (option to show scroll bar, which I don't use)

On the font page I also set the minimum font size to 20px. This combined with the top and bottom margins seem to set the size of the information in the Headers and Footers. If there isn't enough room (top & bottom margins) in the header and footers you may not see the information you choose to see in those areas.

Common Shortcut Keys
F11 key toggle full screen mode just like it does in any browser.
Ctrl T toggle the Table of contents
Ctrl + increase font size
Ctrl - Decrease font size
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre viewer screenshot-2.jpg
Views:	1843
Size:	419.4 KB
ID:	174592   Click image for larger version

Name:	bigback-5.jpg
Views:	1499
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	174593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer Preferences Page Layout.jpg
Views:	1606
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	174607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer Preferences Colors.jpg
Views:	1497
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	174608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer Preferences Styles.jpg
Views:	1445
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	174609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer Preferences Headers and Footers.jpg
Views:	1246
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	174610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer Preferences Scrolling Behavior.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	174611  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-29-2019 at 08:38 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote