View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #13
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
We have a very badly flawed copyright system. I think we can all agree that authors should have a chance to be paid for their work but when that work becomes part of our culture we have some rights as well. I don't know the answer but what we have now isn't working very well.
I think copyright of publication + 95 or even life + 50 is ridiculous.

There are only a few professions in which the practitioner can keep earning over and over and over for work done only once: writer, musician, and to some extent, software engineer/programmer (somewhat less there, because software needs to be maintained and thus costs work).

I think it's ridiculous that an author/musician can basically create one work, and if it becomes popular and stays popular enough, not only they themselves but generations after them can live off of it.

Most professions don't have a "produce once, earn for a 120 years" option.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote