View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 04:34 AM   #16
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I know some people cannot see the shadows, and some likely choose to conveniently ignore it, but the shadows exist on every lighted Kindle I’ve ever seen. Perhaps some people can see it more than others because of their eyesight. But it is definitely there. If it bothers you then definitely return it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I know e-ink is hard to photograph, but if your Oasis looks like your pictures in real life, then I would try another unit also. I can clearly see dark shadows on one side. That would distract me to no end. Looks pretty bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
I'm very picky about screens and returned the Oasis 1 and 2 because I found the gradient on the screens unacceptable. I have the Oasis 3 now and the screen is near perfect. Most people have reported that the Oasis 3 has an improved screen. Definitely return your device even if you have to wait for a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The gradient is pretty obvious in your pictures. I don't think I would be happy living with that. I know it's a pain but, if it were me, I would return it. Sorry.
Thank you all for confirming my feelings; I was just on the phone with an Amazon rep, and they will replace my Kindle. On the bright side (ahem), it turns out they do keep some devices around as a reserve for replacements when an item is out of stock. Will still have to wait a week but it's better than a month!

Last edited by BionicGecko; 10-02-2019 at 04:36 AM.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote