View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #73
Chaplan
Chaplan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
No problem! Although, if you were to give me a bear, I'd expect a cage and food for it too .

You can do it in any order (and you don't have to reinstall it after updates), but there's also a new config option in the most recent firmware if you want to use it. They'll essentially do the same thing, but the new config option is more customizable (and a little more complex). See the end of that thread for what the config option looks like.
First time patch user, it's my first kobo, thanks for your work.
I used the kobopatch system and really like the implementation of it.

I also flashed your "Prevent Kobo from scanning dotfiles/folders", eventually i force reseted the device to factory default FW (as per your instructions) to further enable the new less intrusive implementation Kobo gave us on the latest FW.
I do prefer it, your thread should IMHO link to @Niluje thread in the OP for the less followup users to get both options in one place. Just my 2 cents here. I was keen on testing both though, same result.
BTW, might or might not be related but with your implementation in place a DSMEG (and another log, don't recall which) was created on every boot of the device.

Also i would like to ask you if a night mode quick setting is somewhat possible, like the landscape one we have in the status bar. I do invert the screen late in the night and hate navigating the settings just for this.
Would be a neat addition to the patches I guess.

My (and everyone elses) Kobo Clara HD is a joy to use now, thanks to you and all the other DEVs on this modding community.
Chaplan is offline   Reply With Quote