View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #8
justloveebooks
Enthusiast
justloveebooks began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Kindle Voyage 2x,Sony PRS-T1 rooted,Sony Prs-505
Indigogo Dasung was delivered today to me (Germany, Hamburg Sept. 23d 2019).
WiFi with FritzBox 7690 does not work, WPS or manually inserting password gets saved Fritzbox sees Dasung, but no IP Adress is assigned and WiFi Symbol on the Dasung shows an exclamation mark.
Works with an iPhone configured as a hotspot.

Used Kindle included on the Dasung with my Amazon account and downloaded a book I am currently reading with Kindle Unlimited (free 3-month trial), worked, but did not sync the place where I was, as I guessed that might happen, was reading till chapter end.
Would have been nice, if that worked, though.

Weight:
Dasung 337 g / 11.90 oz
Tolino epos 264 g / 9.30 oz
Voyage 177 g / 6.25 oz
all without cover.
The screen from the Tolino is imho the same size as the Dasung screen.
The Dasung has 64 GB Memory, just under 800 MB used and can take a memory card (not sure what max. size, though). The slot for this is outside, small side below, not internal.

As there are several other openings, the mini-HDMI-port (adapter cable included) and a headphone jack, it is not waterproof, imho (also never claimed to be, so no surprise there).

Not tested anything else so far. Should (!) work as a monitor for a computer with HDMI and also connect to an iPhone or Android with additional software installed on the phone (not sure what displays what then, though, it read like the phone displays the eInk screen, which is a weird use in my view).
justloveebooks is offline   Reply With Quote