View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoReader92019 View Post
Some added info to original post. I use Sigil 0.7.4. The pre-modified files show the cover image on the Library and Recent Read lists. If I modify them without changing any of the relevant image files, the Sigil save will not show the cover image in those above mentioned places. And the files run slower even in barely modified files. OpenOffice and Word files do not have reveal code, and it is nice to correct things in Sigil but things do not work out well.
You might want to upgrade Sigil to a more recent version (0.7.4 dates back to 2013 while 0.9.18 is the current version). If you are using Book View to edit a book, that is Not A Good Idea -- BV can make some very strange changes to your code. This is the main reason that Sigil no longer includes Book View though a replacement PageEdit is now available as a separate install which can be called from within Sigil.

My preferred method is using CodeView to edit with a Preview pane open on a second monitor to allow seeing the effect of your changes.

Since I have never seen any Sigil edited book run slower on any ereader, would it be possible for you to PM me a copy of one of those books so I can take a look at it and see if I can find why you are seeing this slowness.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote