View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 12:50 AM   #46
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@eschwartz: Given that all plugins will need to be ported to python3, it will be a long time before calibre is ready for py3. But yes, my next painful job after v4 is done is to work on getting betas ready with py3 so the plugin developers can start work on porting their plugins.
Yeah, I just thought it might be nice for a python3 port to be available post-2020, which did not require webengine. Essentially because of the fact that some Linux distros do not make webengine available (I discussed the topic recently in the Sigil subforum if you recall).

Either way a python3 beta coming soon sounds quite nice.