View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:15 AM   #24
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Server View Post
As promised, I tested the Apple USB adapter and surprise surprise, the
charging would NOT start!! It appears there is a regulator
inside that senses the input source. USB voltage from a laptop is different
than that of a USB connected to Household outlet. This would explain
why USB charging takes longer than a dedicated AC adapter.
Did you plug it into the USB port of the Sony or the AC/DC port of the Sony 700? Post #2 says that it works, to the contrary of your experience.

I also have a USB charger myself, but I don't have a cable that goes from USB plug to AC/DC plug. Besides, I don't have a PRS-700 yet.

From what I can discern, people are saying that using the USB plug to AC/DC plug works.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote