View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #8
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Wikipedia is of course a good place to check for Info.

I just had a look at Roy Glashan's Library, where I distinctly remember getting some stories by Johnston McCulley, but none are being returned as available now. I know AUS did change its period for Public Domain a few years back, which is probably the reason, though I thought that only impacted yet to be provided ebooks, not those that had already been in the Public Domain. Pretty sure I have several by Johnston McCulley, including some Zorro, which I grabbed when they were.

The Vintage Library lists the Zorro stories, that were published in the Pulps, which were the source for the novels I seem to recall.

Having a look elsewhere, it seems that what was once available for free is no longer ... aside from the couple of his detective stories, at the main Gutenberg Project website and some affiliates. Maybe they were wrongfully provided or removed by request.

As suggested by Issy, feedbooks has some for purchase.

Another perhaps controversial alternative, is the scans at the Internet Archive.

I haven't looked beyond those.

I loved the Guy Williams starred Zorro TV series, as a kid. Yet to read any.

Last edited by Timboli; 08-25-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote