View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Bolding mine.

B&N is putting themselves out of business, they don't need any help, from anyone.

As for your assertion about amazon and sony, prove it. Seriously, if you're going to make wild statements like that, at least back it up with a modicum of fact instead of fanboi enthusiasm.
A modification of the old nazi rule (first person in an internet argument who calls the other a nazi, lost the argument), first person who calls the other person a fanboi has already lost the argument. One can discuss matters without instantly resorting to name calling.

IMPO, it was fairly obvious that Amazon is vulnerable to anti-trust with their market share. That puts them square in the cross-hairs and they really haven't been particularly careful about how they used their market muscle. I tend focus more on the ebook side though.

I rather doubt that Amazon ran B&N out of business. I agree that it was B&N's own stupidity. It's really too bad because B&N use to be a really good bookstore. I don't know that Walmart drove the malls out of business. Walmart tends to cater to a different clientele than most malls. There are actually malls doing quite well, but they are the malls that have a nice balance of shops that complement each other.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote