Thread: Hacks kindlepid/kindlefix 0.2
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
You should at least put some editorial content about the copyrighted work up when you're excerpting pages out of it like that. Otherwise you're just giving out free samples with out permission. Not the whole book of course but the copyright holder could still take issue since you aren't quoting from the work for legitimate and authorized purposes such as commenting upon the work or satirizing it.

Amazon caused quite a ruckus with their "look inside" feature and only got to keep it because they were using it to actively sell the books rather than pirate them.
You sure are dramatic (I work film biz and you're right up there).

There is no selling of anything involved. The book used is a free book from BooksonBoard in their "test this book" area. I don't think it's even the whole book and a link to it on BooksonBoard is given. Free advertising for BooksonBoard and Abby Gains.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote