View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 03:04 AM   #59
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Not sure what "touched-up by calibre" means. Are you doing a conversion, Polish, edit or something else? Or do you just mean calibre's metadata update during the send?
It's "yes" to all of the above In general, I make them valid, complete and readable. BTW, most books where processed this way some time ago (up to a year).

Quote:
Unless you have changed what you do with the books, then it is in the firmware.
Nope, my work flow is pretty consistent, most recent fixes where just typo's, hence the usage of high-lighting for final touch-up.

Quote:
Without knowing what the differences are, it is very hard to work out how to fix it.
Agree. In my case, the only difference seems to be the FW version. And could be noticed in several other books I tried. But to assist you further, I need to reinstall 4.15.12920, see whether the problem appears again and pick some suitable book to share. Perhaps I can manage that in the forthcoming weekend. Its worth to try, certainly as more persons seem to see the same issues.

Then again, the above is no guarantee you will encounter the same problems as I have as it might have to do by left-overs from previous FW upgrades.
The best manner to test will be factory reset, upgrade to 4.15.12920, reinstall all books and see whats happening. But that's to much work for my taste.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote