View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 02:58 PM   #142
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I already have a laptop (3840x2160), an iPad Pro and a Google Nexus 7 2013 tablet in my laptop bag just in case I get a craving for colour
You have two devices and a snail (I also have the latter) which fail in being reflective,
and supposedly other devices, reflective, which fail in framerate, not just colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might also want to check the massive adoption of earlier attempts at colour ereaders. Remember the Jetbook Color? The Hanvon? The Kyobo? Also note that after purchasing Liquavista, Amazon ended up closing the whole company down.
The first list, I believe, covers the E-Ink Triton displays: bad final effect, and without solving the framerate issue.
Liquavista: somebody slept with the wrong wife, gave stupor to the wrong brother and run away with the wrong money - or the other faults the technology may have had and which are not so easy to be found documented (coincidence?).

Of course, here I am considering the display technology beyond its adequacy for reading, say, a novel. For that, DNSB has already replied: «Since the only colour in 99.9% of the books I read is the cover...».

Last edited by mdp; 05-31-2019 at 03:07 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote