View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 02:45 PM   #337
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
The handwriting recognition feature on the reMarkable is pretty good (it does a better job of reading my wife's handwriting than I do), actually. The one problem I have with it is, it doesn't try to read formulas, and that's a huge part of what I write.

The other limitations are in the software implementation: it only works with an internet connection, and it doesn't offer a way to convert the result into text in the document - all you can do with the result is send it by email. This last part is pretty a pretty stupid limitation, if you ask me, but there it is. Also, you need to go all the way to the settings to change the language preselection - you can't change on the fly. This too is a problem for me - by myself I write in French, but when I'm taking notes from a lecture in English I'll typically write in English as well.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote