View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #72
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I do think Silas had to be a shout-out to Buffy; did vampires who repented and worked on the side of good exist before Buffy? I certainly hope Gaiman wasn't alluding to the sparkly Twilight vamps!

Silas, of course, is also a hook in any sequel as we know nothing about his backstory.
Wasn't Louis, in Interview with the Vampire, a "good" vampire? If memory serves--and it's been a long time--he turned against his kind and fed only when necessary. (I never read any of the sequels, so his character may have changed.) I tend to think of Interview with the Vampire as the beginning of the sexy vampires, though it took a while for them to become sparkly.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote