View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 03:19 AM   #26
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
You can run the program with the -d flag or turn on debug logging in the developer options, but I doubt that'd do much of anything for your "Bad file descriptor" issue. My guess would be you're doing something that breaks tar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Possibly something similar to how tar will SIGBUS when it tries to overwrite itself during the unpacking on Kindles because of the fuse layer?

Check the Kindle koreader.sh script, it has some extra ugly band-aid to make it behave (basically, copy tar somewhere safe like /tmp, and use that copy to do the unpacking).

Note that this only papers over the issue, if the startup script itself has been updated, it might also cause the restart to fail, and cause the usual post exit cleanup to be skipped.
I got it to update, by renaming the tar file from installed to koreader.updated.tar and restarting koreader. All went just fine. Does the above still apply ?

(I assume the fbink version in koreader will be updated in the future, my log is swamped by the message:
[FBInk] Couldn't find a Kobo version tag (onboard unmounted or not running on a Kobo?)!

Last edited by BloodRagg; 05-10-2019 at 03:22 AM.
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote