View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #97
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Many people out there like me mostly want to read books about humans on Earth without these other elements. Not that I don’t read books in science fiction or fantasy. They are just a smaller subset of my total reading and so I can group them broadly like that. By the same token, many people only want to read science fiction or fantasies and might just group the rest of stuff as general fiction whereas I break out many detailed categories.
My "genre" list is very much this way. I try to have some non-SF/F groups beyond just "general" but it is very much skewed towards SFF. I have setup my tracking sheet so that I can have as many as I want for any particular book. If I had to choose only one it would be awful!

Spoiler:

I choose from 54 different "genres" and have 166 different combinations of those genres across ~800 books. And almost 500 of those books are from various series, and I expect anything from the same series to be essentially the same combined genre. Rarely do series change genres after the first one. Hmmm. I should look at that.

Adventure
Classic
Comedy
Contemporary
Fan Fiction
Graphic Novel
Historical
Illustrated
Inspirational
Literary
Military
Noir