View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 01:36 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintano View Post
Hello davidfor,
Thanks a lot for this plugin. It's the best metadata source so far and it helped me a lot improving my library.

That being said, I have a couple of trouble with it but I am not sure if it comes from the plugin itself.

My eReader is a Kobo Aura H2O and I am using Kobo books ver 1.6.0.
My library contains both french and english books.

First, when it retrieves metadata for French Editors, KoboBooks is messing a lot with special characters.
e.g.: an Editor "Les Éditions Bouquin" appears like this http://prntscr.com/nkb3k8 in Calibre.
The problem only appears with the collumn "Editor". Everything else looks good, special characters included or not.
What column is "Editor"? "Publisher" is the only standard column I can think of that might match. Can you give me some example books? It is probably in how the values are encoded, but, I need examples to see what Kobo is doing and what I'm not.
Quote:

Second, Synopsis are correctly dl/shown in Calibre but when I add ebooks on my Kobo, it becomes a bit weird with some random line breaks.

e.g:
From this in Calibre:
A narrative is presented that dwells on the life of miners during the Industrial revolution of France. The book gives the view of the revolution from outside. It explains not only the hideous living conditions of the labourers but also the frustration that lead to the revolution. The book beautifully balances between the individual of society and society itself.

To this in Kobo:
A narrative is presented that dwells on the life of miners
during
the Industrial revolution of France. The book gives the view of the revolution from
outside.
It explains not only the hideous living conditions of the labourers but also the frustration that lead to the revolution. The book beautifully balances between
the
individual of society and society itself.
I haven't seen any problems like this. What does the HTML code look like for comment? If you look at the HTML version of the comment in the metadata editor, are there line breaks at the same places? Is the Kobo version from the database, or are you retyping it to match.

Also, are you using a metadata plugboard when sending the books to the device? If so, that might have an error and not producing exactly what you want.

And again, if this is coming from the Kobo store, I need some examples to look at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote