View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #27
Kintano
Kintano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hello davidfor,
Thanks a lot for this plugin. It's the best metadata source so far and it helped me a lot improving my library.

That being said, I have a couple of trouble with it but I am not sure if it comes from the plugin itself.

My eReader is a Kobo Aura H2O and I am using Kobo books ver 1.6.0.
My library contains both french and english books.

First, when it retrieves metadata for French Editors, KoboBooks is messing a lot with special characters.
e.g.: an Editor "Les Éditions Bouquin" appears like this http://prntscr.com/nkb3k8 in Calibre.
The problem only appears with the collumn "Editor". Everything else looks good, special characters included or not.

Second, Synopsis are correctly dl/shown in Calibre but when I add ebooks on my Kobo, it becomes a bit weird with some random line breaks.

e.g:
From this in Calibre:
A narrative is presented that dwells on the life of miners during the Industrial revolution of France. The book gives the view of the revolution from outside. It explains not only the hideous living conditions of the labourers but also the frustration that lead to the revolution. The book beautifully balances between the individual of society and society itself.

To this in Kobo:
A narrative is presented that dwells on the life of miners
during
the Industrial revolution of France. The book gives the view of the revolution from
outside.
It explains not only the hideous living conditions of the labourers but also the frustration that lead to the revolution. The book beautifully balances between
the
individual of society and society itself.

Once again, thank you for putting so much effort and your time into this plugin.
Kintano is offline   Reply With Quote