View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 12:11 AM   #11
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
I guess I'm looking for people who own this particular Kobo who are ready to truthfully say: It's fine and works A-OK for me (assuming that IS the case).
I love mine. And despite peeking at the Forma, I've not got upgrade fever yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
Also what pitfalls do I need to know when it comes to Kobo?
For instance, should I always convert epub to kepub with something like Kepubify? If I buy a book from Amazon will it convert well to epub or kepub or it is better to buy a Kindle e-ink e-reader and convert epub to AZW? You know things like that lol
None of this is any sort of dealbreaker at the moment (unless Amazon hardens their DRM further, in which case just purchase elsewhere). I buy from Amazon quite a bit. Install the appropriate DeDRM software, throw everything in Calibre immediately after purchase, and the rest you can choose on the fly based on your own personal preferences. Kepub's a bit better with things like highlighting; others prefer epub features.

My biggest concern would be the lack of warranty. Are there no other essentials you or someone you know needs from Amazon that you could use the gift cards on? A lifetime supply of toilet paper?

As for connection issues, I don't use Windows. Lots of connection issues seem to be solved by using a different cable. Not all are data cables, and sometimes cables go bad. I did have connection issues a long while back, caused by a bodgy USB port. Again, easily solved. And while you're troubleshooting, you can always get books on wirelessly using Calibre Content Server.

Last edited by meeera; 04-28-2019 at 12:13 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote