View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #22
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
In one of the previous posts i did mention the boot time and 4k performance(which translates iops) of a 32GB Evo Plus and Sandisk Extreme 128GB, so it seemed to me that you just did a quick google or didnt pay attention.I was just getting up from sleep, and that might contributed to my reply seeming bit hard, sry if it is so .
Np mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
While the sandisk extreme cards do have the A2 rating, they dont seem to perform at that level, android police tested it, and my own tests also confirm it. Maybe they could get to that level by using their own Sandisk Extreme Card reader, i dont know as i dont have it.But as of the moment i dont have any proof that they are better than the Samsung Evo Plus, so its not logical to me to pay more for an A2 card, thus my recommendation.

Ofcourse that thorough testing on the device would net best results(including different cluster sizes) but the idea was to offer an simple solution to zodwallop. As with only copying the image and expanding it afterwards to the new size with partition wizard, i got better usability results with a Samsung Evo Plus 32GB, compared to Sandisk Extreme A2 128GB.
I used to have this excel sheet with cards and benchmarks copied from various sites, but that turned out the be misleading. I burned myself with a couple of cards, so I started testing. The difference between the 'Sandisk Extreme' and the 'SanDisk Extreme Pro' are huge in my Kobo. Whilst in a PC its not that noticeable.

I came to the conclusion there isn't a simple answer, unless somebody tried that card/kobo combination before. I wrote the app in the hope people would start benchmarking their cards, so we could get some clarity on that.
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote