Thread: Prime Day 2019
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Looks like I'll save a ton of time/money, I'll be with family on a vacation at the river. Time to float the Frio (that's a river in Texas). My first true vacation in 3-5 years. Not giving that up to spend time shopping online.
I just had to see the Wikipedia entry for the River. The vegetation in the water and on the banks of the Frio bears close resemblance to that in and around the Ichetucknee River, in north central Florida (major difference: it looks like there are no Palmetto plants along the banks of the Frio), that I floated. I looked up the latitudes (think: measurement of the up and down aspect on the globe) for both rivers and I found that they are almost the same for both rivers! Probably explains much of the similarity between the two rivers.

The Ichetucknee is spring-fed, as well. The water is 72 degrees, year 'round. Now 72 degrees in water feels a lot colder than 72 degrees in air. I snorkeled all the way down the River. I was relatively young then, but I felt that if I had stayed in the water an hour or two more, I would have ended up with a bad case of hypothermia (advice: if you're over about 40 years old, and are going to stay in that water for more than about 3 or 4 hours, you probably should wear a wet suit!).

Oh, and another difference between the Frios and the Ichetucknee. . . . on rare occasions there are alligators seen on the Ichetucknee. But don't worry, some of the time they will leave you alone.

As for being on the water serving as an excuse of not shopping the Prime sale, I'm told that there are things called "tablets." I also hear that some now are waterproof! Maybe some smartphones are, too. You could shop the Prime sale on your tablet (or maybe smartphone) when the water of the River gets slow and boring! Don't have one? Buy one from Amazon as soon as the Sale starts; choose two-day shipping; and, bada bing bada boom! the tablet or smartphone should arrive just about the time that you are pulling out of the driveway.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-22-2019 at 12:24 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote