Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #1096
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart1981 View Post
Strange problem with my KA1 running firmware version 4.12.12111

The battery drains incredibly fast since the last two days.
Yesterday I wanted to read and when opening the cover the ereader battery level was at 1%. Also the time was changed (always complete hours). I disabled the automatic sleep and wake function thinking that might have caused the drain.

I charged the battery, and today the exact same thing happened. I wanted to start reading, but again the battery was at 1% and the time had changed (8h time difference). Again I charged the eReader. Charged it till 43% and started reading again. After about 15-30 minutes reading the tablet put itself to sleep. I woke it up again and I saw the battery was dropped to 32% and the time had changed again.

What's going on here? First I thought it was the heat, but the last time it happened I was reading in the shadow. Wifi is off, brightness is set manually to 2% and natural light is disabled.

Doing a factory reset is no option at the time because then I'll loose the books on the eReader and for the upcoming days there is no way for me to add the books to the eReader again. Firmware can't be updated because I can't connect the eReader to the wifi where I am atm.
I've had two sudden battery drains plus clock changing on my Aura ONE recently. But, for me the drain happened when it should have been sleeping. And I only noticed the clock changed because some books sorted in the wrong place. The clock was automatically corrected when it connected to WiFi, so I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I have been tracking this since then and it hasn't happened again. Battery life has been fine, but I have been tending to read on my Clara HD.

If you get back and want to try a factory reset, you can copy the contents of the book partition and then put them back afterwards. That saves your books and reading positions and lets you see if it is something happening at the firmware level.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote