View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
"Not capable" of upgrading to TLS 1.2, or just not worth it for Kobo?
I don't have a real answer to that question. It may be a financial decision in that the time and effort to compile, debug and deliver a newer Linux kernel to work in the limited CPU and RAM of the Kobo Wifi for the number of them still in use does not make fiscal sense. I remember booting off a SD card at Chapters to do an update but not sure if that was a Kobo Original or a Kobo Wifi and delivering an update in that form would add greatly to the expense.

I own an Android tablet that has lost much of it limited usefulness with many websites no longer let it connect so I get to see unsupported protocol error messages. Oddly, it is only a year older than my Nexus 2013 but the manufacturer decided not to support any upgrades after a point upgrade (4.2-4.3??).

Last edited by DNSB; 03-02-2019 at 10:15 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote