View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast
wjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None
Suggestions: Windows software reader opds ebook reader/library?

Can anyone recommend any windows software that is an ebook reader (epub,txt,cbz)?

I am used to Android running FBReader + Calibre Connection

I came into a fabulous fire sale on off lease HP Elitebook tablets.

It seems fabulous! Except Nobody has anything for windows that holds a candle to Android/FBReader+CalibreConnection

Even FBReader (for windows) is nothing like Android

I love that (android) FBReader:
- has a database
- uses the database to organize bookmarks across local library
- connects to my calibre server via opds
- You "check out" copies of books over wifi(opds) and they download to your devices local FBReader library.
- when you're not in range of WiFi (and opds is unavailable) you have your local library copy.

*I'm*shocked* nobody has something like this for Windows

I realize I could install Calibre (full metal jacket) and keep a sync'd copy of the library. But thats not the point. I like that kindle/ibooks apps are read only bookshelves. It is plain simple. but useful.

Heck! Windows 10 Edge browser keeps trying to open all "ebook" file formats. Even when I change 'default apps' this comes back sometimes. (its windows 10 and never a finished product). And I have no idea where Edge stores it ebook files.

The only alternative path I am working on is scripting Windows 10 to only use FBReader for the supported file types. If this were straightened out I could always resort to using the calibre web server interface. I still think a collection of files downloaded from the web browser ... it a last resort.
wjBLqf-_9 is offline   Reply With Quote