View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I am unreasonably excited about this. It is my favorite Dickens (save his collaborative effort A House to Let).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I've been resolving every year since the dinosaurs to read all of Dickens; I read/reread several of the biggies a couple of years back, then backburnered Dickens again. Drood is not one that was high on my list, because of its incompleteness, but it may get me back in Dickens mode again.
At this point, I've kind of bumped up against the Dickens novels that I don't want to read or have abandoned. I'd be very happy if this lit a fire under me in regard to those unreads (although I've thought I'd prefer to reread some of my favorites, first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
There is a nice edition read by Alan Chant on Librivox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Here are a couple links from the Patricia Clark Memorial Library, uploaded and proofed by HarryT. THANK YOU!

The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
ePub | Mobi (Kindle)
Thanks both for the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I think we should have quite a lively discussion deciding what really happened.
This should be fun.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote