Thread: Oasis 2 Battery
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:29 AM   #24
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But it doesn't - at least mine doesn't. I easily get the 21h of reading time that Amazon advertise with WiFi off and a moderate light level. In the last 24h, for example, I've read for approximately 7h, and my battery has gone down to 81%. That's way, way over 21h total reading time on a battery charge.
That is true for those who read at the Amazon recommended 10 or under light level. Anything above that will be draining the battery faster. There is a reason why they recommend 10 or under light level. It fits what they are advertising but many readers are going above 10. The reviews support that too. I think the average Oasis 2 user above light level 10 is anywhere from 1-5 days depending on how long they read and how much higher the light level is. It does vary but not a whole lot.

Last edited by Wearever; 02-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote