View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 06:49 AM   #21
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi Ruben

Thanks to both of you for working so hard for cracking this old -but strong- nut. I tried both test ePubs. The ePub3 and 2 display nicely with Calibre and Sigil as you know. But ePubcheck complains about the ePub2 version and flags some errors or warnings. Prince, which is usually quite good for displaying ePubs, seems to ignore this code.

As this is an experimental code (correct but not widely used), could it be useful to add a fall back alternative display?
Hi Roger;

Indeed, under epub2 there are some code not supported by the protocol. The tags <figure>, <figcaption> and the measure unit "vh" are not from epub2. So, under that protocol some ereaders can have issues. But in ADE things are displayed well. The main problem under epub2 is the caption; I'll do some experiments to see if I can find something to avoid any trouble (but the most important is the code to show an image; no size at all, just percentage so no matter the size of the picture, the code will be the same).
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote