View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:57 AM   #13
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I've already tested it (or more like I have to deal with caching on a semi-regular basis due to fanfics with consecutive chapter updates). From my tests, it was never the Calibre server itself that was doing the caching. It was on-device caching on iOS which no amount of stopping and restarting of the Calibre server or device ever fixed. I have to either download and read the updated ebook on another device, use Dropbox to transfer, or just wait for the cache to expire eventually.

For me, using a different device always worked. I somehow doubt Calibre has explicit code that sees Android and decides to serve it an old version of a book just for kicks.
But in this case, as I have repeatedly explained. the device was OFF from before the library entry was created until after it had been edited. So it is 100% impossible for the device to have accessed and cached the old version. That version while only in existence while the device was off.

The router and switch do not cache either. In fact I doubt the signal path includes the router, because the server pc and the wifi access point link to the same dumb GB switch. So they can communicate via lan without going through the router.

So it's either happenng in windows 10, or in the content server itself. And as stopping and restarting content server changes the outcome, it is much more likely to be the content server. Android is irrelevant my theory is that the server is seeing a request for the same file name that it has just supplied, so it fulfills that request from ram

Last edited by stumped; 01-30-2019 at 02:02 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote