View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 07:50 PM  
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
When its plugged in look at your notification bar and it should have a option to turn on MTP. Try that first.
Malcolm
Interesting. I never saw any notification like that.

However, I just drove over to Best Buy and bought this cable - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...?skuId=5859441 - and it not only fits much better than the one that came with the device, it also allows full access for file transfers. (Without changing any settings on the device.)

I'm so relieved. It took me about twenty minutes to transfer and organize all my files, versus the 20+ hours I spent fooling around with trying to figure out what the problem was, work around it and ultimately get it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jask View Post
Try rebooting or factory reset the device and maybe don't allow wifi until fully set up
I updated mine yesterday and update went ok.
Thank you. I was distracted by all the other issues last night and didn't get a chance to update my post.

After being stuck on checking the package for about an hour or so and not responding to any attempt to cancel the install or get to the home page or anything else... it just suddenly went to the home screen.

I spent some frustrating time trying fooling around with the USB cable that never worked and tried out a few things before I decided to try updating again.

This time it worked very quickly and didn't get stuck or anything.

The screen lighting looks fine, but I think the pressure sensitivity aspect for the pen input is defective. In the built-in note app, when I use the ink pen with a line density of 6 or 8, it barely registers at all, even when I press harder than I would ever normally press with a pen. Even when I set it too the greatest thickness, high pressure doesn't get the line thickness anywhere near what it should be.

I also really hate the software of this thing. It is incredibly annoying. I just transferred all of my books in folders for fiction and nonfiction with a layer of subfolders in each of those - which is how I like to browse my books... but the Boyue software messes it all up under "Books". (I tried to change the scan path to see if that would help, but I get a warning that it's not recommended and it just changes it back.)

I'm also frustrated by the lack of settings options.

The Boyue T62+ software was so much more straight-forward at least. I expected something like that, with faster speed and the added note-taking ability. I don't like the way they changed the UI at all. The quote widget is too small for me to read, so it just wastes space, and I have no idea what the purpose of that graph is. Is it battery usage? I have no idea... it's too small for me to read. (Which is the reason I like eReaders - too make the font large.)

Another annoyance is that the same applications that display fine on my T62+ do not display correctly at all on the Mimas, even though they are the same APKs in most cases. -- Whole menus and app UIs that are visible on my old T62+ are completely invisible on the Mimas... I dont' get understand why although it must be either the firmware, the different version of Android, or some setting I'm not aware of. Setting options are so paltry though, that I doubt that's the issue.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote