View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 06:25 PM   #8
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
re: Something to consider regarding annotations and highlights in Kobos is that they don't seem to work as smoothly as in kindles, or so people say (I don't own a Kindle to compare, and hardly highlight). It can take some time to get used to it.

In Kindle 3 it was, well, stupid. Inserting a highlight or annotation was more or less ok, but exporting them was crazy. You basically get history of your results, but not the final outcome. So if you delete a part of a highlight, it is not reflected in the txt. If you change your highlight, you get multiple instances of the highlight in the txt. Once you learn about it, you can work around it. I figured it out after several years of using and about two weeks before the screen froze on me.

I can't image it could get worse than that. Then again I read somewhere on some e-readers you have to export highlights for every book by hand (on Kindle 3 you have them all in that txt) and I am thinking, well, it can get worse :-( If this is true, I cannot fathom the stupidity of the board who signed on on this :-(

pavel
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote