View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #10
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Heh ;p.

I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to pretty much do a 1:1 port of simple logic like that, though .

I was prepared for much much worse, and then, it just... kind of flowed, and it worked? .

When I started thinking about my options, my first though went to Go, but I've never actually worked in Go, so then I went with: I'll try to PoC it in shell first, and then go (ha!) from there. And once that was done, I went: wait, I can probably do that with PowerShell, right? And voilą ;p.
Go is nice, but the main problem with it in this sort of context is the size of the binaries.

Since you're already using Python for this project, I would have thought you might have used that instead of PowerShell.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote