View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #24
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKwok View Post
Hi downeaster59 and eReader fan,

Thanks for the comparison info, it is indeed very useful!

May I ask for your further review on the Nova's battery life, audio quality and is TTS working well? As Nova did not have the card slot, I may have to connect to Dropbox or OneDrive if I need more storage and besides reading book I would like to surf the web with it too.....I hope the battery life isn't too bad when connected to wifi. And will OTG works with Nova? I also didn't like it if the device gets hot when I used it for a longer period of time.

I am using my ipad air for reading all the time but the weight is killing me and it certainly isn't good for my eyes. I going to get my first e-reader and having an Andriod version is great so that I can access books from the Chinese Apps too!

Your information has greatly helped me decide between the Mars and Nova. I am suprised that youtube works on an e-ink device. Now I have narrowed my choice to Nova (7.8" + 32G) or the smaller size Poke Pro (6" + 16GB). The Poke Pro used the same processor as Nova, I guess Youtube Vanced should work well on it too? If someone has a Poke Pro, please share with us the performance of the Poke Pro too!

By the way, sidetrack from topic....there is this new "Not-eReader" by DASUNG which caught my eyes too! It can mirror Andriod and PC while functioning as a Android e-reader at the same time and they invented a e-ink Turbo high-speed refresh technology to play videos very smoothly. It was now having a crowd funding at indiegogo but the price is just way too expensive for me to pay for the extra speed for videos.
Sorry, but I can't tell you anything about TTS, audio or OTG, as I don't use any of these on my Nova or Mars. I can tell you something about battery life, though. Because Android itself consumes a little more power than the OS of a dedicated e-reader like a Kindle or Kobo, battery life won't be quite as good as in those devices. But it is good compared to the typical LED Android tablet. I can't give you specific numbers, though.

Normally, when I read, I have WiFi off, which extends battery life. Based on the rate of battery discharge when reading, I can say that either device would get about 15-20 hours on a charge when reading and with WiFi off. That isn't too far from Kindle territory.

Maybe someone who has tried TTS/audio/OTG will respond as well.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote