View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #13
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMeAndrey View Post
I have to agree with the negative reviews of this update. An app that I use keeps flashing repeatedly (3-4 times) anytime I move caret in text, and neither regal nor A2 mode help. Also, the bar on the left doesn't look good with "Set-tings" split across two lines and no ability to add your own custom app to it (in 1.9 you could add one).

I think the Notes app got a major revision, but I don't use it, so can't comment there.

I would recommend waiting until 2.1 comes out. Perhaps it'll be less buggy then.

Thankfully, I was able to go back to 1.9.1. Phew. Although it did blow away all my books from the library (not a big deal for me, since I prefer my good ole kindle keyboard for reading anyway).

I commend the effort, though. It's great that they're attempting to improve the system. It'd be nice if there was some back-and-forth with the user community.
How did you downgraded the firmware? I'm interested.

My primary use of the device is PDF reading so I can live with the bugs but there are many. Apart from the things I wrote earlier:
- In Neo Reader when I tap to do a page turn sometimes the software register the command as zoom-move (I'm always using "crop to page" mode to remove margins) which switch the screen to A2 mode and stays there until I use the mode switch on the Android task bar.
- many UI elements on 3rd party apps cannot be used, things like drop down selection list just appears and instantly closes taking the first selection
- I cannot use the erase mode, only the other side of the pen works but I really prefer to use the thin nib to erase things in my notes.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote