View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 04:21 AM   #71
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I just decided to import my ebook library into calibre.

I notice the "Series" column is empty, no idea how to get that one filled, I should look it up I guess...

But another thing I noticed, and can't explain.

Some titles come back as "Unknown". And I can't figure out why (all my books are in the mobipocket format)

Example:

Code:
<dc-metadata ...>
    <dc:Creator>Herbert, Brian; Anderson, Kevin J.</dc:Creator>
    <dc:Title>Legends - 00 - Hunting Harkonnens</dc:Title>
</dc-metadata>
(Herbert, Brian - [Legends of Dune 00] - Hunting Harkonnens.prc)

Code:
<dc-metadata ...>
    <dc:Creator>Herbert, Brian; Anderson, Kevin J.</dc:Creator>
    <dc:Title>Legends - 01 - The Butlerian Jihad</dc:Title>
</dc-metadata>
(Herbert, Brian - [Legends of Dune 01] - The Butlerian Jihad.prc)

It will show "Hunting Harkonnens" as "Unknown", while the "Butlerian Jihad" shows with the complete title.

I also noticed it shows Kevin Anderson as Author and no mention of Brian Herbert...

How can I correct this, because I don't want to update all missing data...