View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 06:02 AM   #498
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastelquastel View Post
Among those many changes that the latest firmware update (November 30th, 2018) has brought me (...)
(...)
Any help?
(...)
I wish I read your post just one day ago I did waited a bit with the upgrade to read honest opinions first but I waited too short. People were posting ahs and ohs about the new firmware on the other thread when in fact I don't see any improvements for me but annoyances.

I don't see any speed improvement in NeoReader (the default PDF reader) which people reported. The new launch panel on the left instead of the bottom provides easy touch use of the button near your thumb, i.e. Note app, which I'm not using but I cannot modify the shortcuts on the panel. I find the Library still useless and so I would prefer to set the Storage view as the default but I cannot. Anyway on my Max 2 there is space for additional 5 shortcuts on the vertical bar, too bad I cannot use it.

Battery drains quickly in 3rd party app (Supermemo) which I had been using before without such issue. I'm going to investigate it further, hope that re-install of the app will help. Anyway, as I reported in a different thread, the app Optimize feature always set the text to black so in apps which have dark background it is a disaster. I would like to use the DPI scaling and refresh mode optimization tweaks but I cannot due to the black text.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote