View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #43
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What is Noir? I see several referring to that Genre/Category and I've never heard of it? Google doesn't seem to give me any help.

BOb
It's a name used to describe a kind of fiction with a "dark" vision of the world, of a loner (usually) trying to discover who and what he is.

Hard-boiled detectives often share this worldview, with characters such as Philip Marlowe and Sam Spade exhibiting this often fatalistic attitude about the world.

Some great noir fiction writers include these writers:

Jim Thompson
Raymond Chandler
James M. Cain
Dashiell Hammett

...to name a few. There are many more.

I've concentrated, in my uploads, on three main types of books: Literature, noir fiction, pulps. I have a heavy (I feel) contribution in the noir fiction area, so you might check out my contributions. (I'm currently working on one right now, but school has taken precedence over most everything except for some few quick posts - or to deal with recent irritants, of which you are NOT one! )

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote